Friday, March 8, 2013

Moving along

This week has been so crazy. On Monday I had a repeat beta and the results were 3,873, which is very good! I was hoping I'd get to skip along to scheduling a heartbeat ultrasound (hb u/s) in the next week or so, but was told to go back on Wednesday for yet another round of bloodwork. Monday afternoon, my son's school called to tell me Kaleb was running 103 degree temp. and not feeling well. He gets this annual cough/fever deal and it's terrible :( I also have a ridiculously hard time missing work because I don't do it often and I have a lot on my plate right now. All I could think about was "how am I going to take a whole day off?" Well, our snow storm made that decision a hell of a lot easier for me, let me tell you that! I wouldn't have been able to get out of my garage/driveway/culdesac before noon if I had tried. I couldn't have asked for a better sick/stay-home-from-work day! Also, it was the first night of swimming lessons and I was sad that Kaleb would have to miss it, until I realized that he didn't because it was also cancelled. Perfect timing!

Wednesday I went back in for my last beta, woo hoo! The results...7,801. Still on the up and up! I was hoping to hear that I'd get to schedule a hb u/s in the next week or so and also lower my estrogen doseage. The massive dose of estrogen (patches and injections) gives me hot flashes and makes my uterus feel heavy.......we won't even begin to talk about mood swings and irritability, I'd have to dedicate a whole new blog just for that topic :) I keep my attitude in check for the most part, but I scream under my breath and throw imaginary estrogen induced tantrums and feel like crying over nothing, a lot. The doc called and informed me that I would be staying on the same estrogen doseage and the hb u/s would be scheduled in 2 weeks. TWO LOOOOONG weeks?! *insert imaginary estrogen induced tantrum here*. I just thanked him for the results and told him how excited I was that everything was going well. I really am very thankful and happy that things are going well, even if I need 30 seconds to just deal with it and understand that 2 weeks is really not that long to wait.

Thursday evening when I returned home from work, I noticed that I had spotted a little bit of brighter red blood. Although this does not always necessarily mean bad news, it can be cause for concern. I called the clinic to see what I should do. They said I should have more bloodwork the next morning and stay home from work. All I heard was "bloodwork and home from work". **insert another mini estrogen induced tantrum here** My spotting quit almost as quickly as it started, so I was not concerned and figured it had something to do with the amount of estrogen I was on. Of all things to worry about, I sure seem to choose the smallest things, and then I chose not to feel concerned over bleeding when other surrogates would have been freaking out. I just had a feeling it would turn out to be nothing.

Friday morning Kaleb had an appointment, I rushed him off to school afterwards and then I ran to the lab for bloodwork, and then to work just to see if I could persuade my coordinator to allow me to work. She said that I would need clearance from the physician, so I waited and waited until the clinic called to tell me that I could work as long as I behaved and took it easy......it took some convincing on my part. I promised and I behaved. If I had felt that I needed to be home resting, I wouldn't hesitate to do so and wouldn't put the pregnancy at risk, but I really didn't feel any reason to be concerned with what I was experiencing. I also received my results and my beta is now 14,081 while my estrogen is SKY HIGH. So I was instructed to take off my patches and to lower my delestrogen starting on my next injection.....HALLELUIAH! 

I am not spotting anymore, my levels are great, my estrogen dose has been lowered, my son is feeling better (his birthday is tomorrow), and I was able to get some work done! I'd say it's been a rather crazy, yet wonderful week!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment