Monday, March 11, 2013

6 weeks and 1 day

WARNING: This post may not be the best for the faint of heart or anyone who does not wish to hear about some of the minor gory details involved with some pregnancies (blood). 

My son's birthday party was Saturday and fun for the whole family, we ate, played games, and tried to avoid the giant creepy alien that followed little children around :) Sunday we went to the Science Museum and as soon as we walked in, I felt a "gush", and then another. I knew exactly what it was.....more bleeding. I already didn't feel well with having caught the nasty cold/sore throat my son so kindly shared with me, but this just made me nervous. The last bleeding episode was minor, short lived and made sense. This time was heavier, newer and very unnerving. After I returned home and was able to sit down and rest (not like I was really exerting myself at the museum anyways), it seemed to subside for the most part, but I was still very nervous. This morning I woke up and felt sick from the cold/sore throat, so I figured I'd do my best to go to work for half of a day and then come home and rest. I e-mailed my nurse at the clinic to tell her what had happened and that it was still kind of happening, but not as bad. I figured she'd e-mail me back and tell me to take it easy, maybe order me in for more bloodwork and go from there. My phone rang and it was the nurse telling me that it's very common to have bleeding episodes in the first trimester of pregnancies (IVF pregnancies mostly) and that usually it is nothing to worry about. I liked the sound of that. Whew. But, then she went on to tell me that I was ordered to go home on bedrest..........for the entire week...........and then I'd have an ultrasound on Wednesday. Wait, did she just pull the "good, bad, good sandwhich" on me? That's where you need to give someone bad news or news that you know they won't like, and you sandwhich it with good news so it doesn't seem as bad. I know that drill. Well, it worked on me. I'm not excited about being home from work all week, hell, I can't even stand being home for one whole day, but there's nothing I can do about it and I brought some work home with me so I could get some things done while I do nothing at all. My parents have been AMAZING and supportive. My mom said she and my dad would help in any way they could (cooking, taking care of Kaleb, etc.) Terry is supportive although he doesn't show it right away, later he asked what he could do and has already asked what I want him to pick up for dinner. I'm a very independent person, so it's very hard for me to accept help from others, especially when I "feel fine". I already told a friend/co-worker, while on the phone, not to "tell on me" because I was making some food in the microwave and I knew she could hear the beeping in the background. Shhhhh. I'm really hoping that Wednesday will bring good news and answers so we can relax a little on this already wild ride. I have one more week of free streaming Netflix. I will survive. I can do this. I'm 2 hours into bedrest. And.......I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment