Tuesday, March 26, 2013

More poking and prodding

As expected, my ultrasound got bumped up from Friday to today. I went in this morning and the ultrasound revealed that both babies are still measuring spot on (YES!!) with wonderful heartbeats! The reproductive endocrinologist at that monitoring clinic was the one to preform the ultrasound (the very same guy who preformed my ultrasound that revealed our bad news with the last pregnancy). He mentioned that the "pregnancy sacs" were measuring smaller. I asked what that meant, I probably jumped halfway off the table to look at the screen when he said this, and he said that it's usually nothing, he just expected to see more fluid in the sacs. Phew! 

The bleed in my uterus is about the same size as last week. I was wondering if it would be any smaller after the last bleeding episode, but I guess not. Shoot.

I was supposed to go back on Friday for another ultrasound and bloodwork, but thankfully the clinic was booked and we will have to postpone until Monday. I say "thankfully" because I got stabbed twice today for blood and I could use the extra few days to recover from that :) Mentally and physically.

I am still restricted from doing pretty much anything besides sitting and my normal daily routine. I expected this news as well. I don't think that will change until the bleeding resolves. I am extremely exhausted for the majority of the day and do not have an appetite (I'm even down 1 lb. from my "pre-surrogacy" weight, which means I've lost the stubborn cycling weight AND some, but I KNOW this will not last for long!). I snack often to keep from getting sick and it seems to be working so far, fingers crossed! I consider myself very blessed (I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in my last post, but I'll keep saying it), I am not suffering from the terrible morning sickness that others do. I realize this could change, but I'll take every day that I don't have morning sickness and know how lucky I am.

I e-mailed T&Y last night to let them know about the last minute bump in the ultrasound and I let them know that I had had some bleeding on Friday, so that was the reason why it was re-scheduled. If I had it my way, T&Y would have never known about the bleeding because it's just more for them to worry about (and they worry a lot). I don't want them to feel stressed over something that is quite possibly "nothing". But, on the other hand, I also felt that they should know a little more now because I would hate for 1.) them to find out and think that we are keeping things from them and 2.) if, heaven forbid, something went terribly wrong with the pregnancy and they thought it happened all of a sudden. So, with that being said, I share very minor details, I down-play it and do a lot of reassuring. I have no idea what the clinic shares with them. My coordinator and I have both asked the clinic to share the details and to be the ones to explain things as they are the medical professionals, but it's hard to know what has been shared and what hasn't been. T&Y are wonderful and always asking how I'm doing. I hope my "reassurance" is taken to heart and that they will not worry too much about the bleeding. As my mom says "one day at a time."

And now, a fun little off-topic, yet on-topic picture to share. It's the symbol for equality (in support of gay marriage). I support it!


No comments:

Post a Comment