Saturday, October 20, 2012

Trying to stay positive

The doctor called yesterday (later in the day, didn't have a chance to include this in my original post) and he sounded pretty concerned about the measurements. I was surprised to hear him sound concerned, he's always been the positive one to tell me not to worry about anything. The first words out of his mouth were "so they seem to be concerned about the smaller measurements". I wasn't sure who "they" were because I thought "he" was the only person that mattered and the nurse who performed the U/S said herself that the heartbeat is reassuring and that she wouldn't be worried. Now, I understand she could have been telling me this because I'm not her patient and she wanted the Doctor's opinion, but she convinced ME, THEE Worrier, NOT to worry. The Doctor also said that it could be an embryo issue and to continue taking my meds and go in for another U/S in 10-14 days. 

I went straight to the computer to look up others who have experienced smaller measurements this early on but turned out to be just fine (I didn't find many that had a good result). I started counting on my fingers and trying to reason with the measurements, "it was just 9 days between scans, it grew 6 days "bigger", that's not THAT bad", and "maybe it was just curled up a little so she didn't get the entire measurement from head to toe", whatever I can wrap my mind around. Basically, I'm going to drive myself, along with everyone around me, crazy for the next 9 days.............sorry! I can't help but worry now :(

1 comment:

  1. Hugs! I hope everything is fine. Many positive thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete