Friday, October 19, 2012

Heartbeat Ultrasound - take 2

Today we had a repeat ultrasound and bloodwork to check on the progress. As hard as I try to read the nurse's face when she initially looks at the ultrasound image, I give up within 30 seconds and blurt out "everything look ok? Is "it" still in there? Is there a heartbeat?". I can tell she's amused (or maybe annoyed?), she smiles and nods and says "yes" and that she's checking on everything. 
When I went in for my last ultrasound, the gestational age given by the transfer date had put me at 6w5d, but the measurements were putting me at 6w3d (not a big difference, totally normal). This time the gestational age given by the transfer date put me at 8 weeks and the measurements were putting me at 7w2d, so I'm a little concerned about that, but the nurse said that the heartbeat is reassuring and that's the most important part at this point. I decided to settle with the statement "in a normal pregnancy, we wouldn't be monitoring like this, and it would be totally normal because we would never know".........I'm ok with that for now.
I'm feeling more and more tired every day and sometimes regretting having eaten more than I should have (when normally I would feel just fine). I'm also feeling light headed quite a bit....so 7 years ago is ALLL coming back to me now :). I'm still hanging on to hope that I can just skip the whole nausea/sick part. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment