Thursday, September 13, 2012

Embryo Transfer, bed rest, 2WW, oh my!

Tuesday, September 11th, we flew from Minneapolis to San Diego. After we checked in to our hotel, we sped off to my appointment at the clinic for another quick ultrasound and blood draw. I was SO relieved to hear that my lining was looking great and that everything was still on track to transfer on Wednesday. We went back to the hotel to get ready to meet my T & Y for the first time and boy was I nervous! "What would they think? Would there be awkward silence?" Those feelings were quickly put to rest when I went in to the lobby to meet them and hug them for the first time. First of all...........they are TALL! They had told me earlier that they are tall, so I jokingly worried about how big the baby/ies would be. They handed me a gift (skin care products from the dead sea, I remember a friend telling me how much she loved hers so I'm really excited to try it when I get home!).

We decided to walk around the harbor to check things out and then headed to find a place to eat. We wound up eating at this Italian restaurant that seemed very "weird" because it was in the back of a deli. I'm pretty sure T & Y were not too impressed, but the portions were fit to feed an army and it really was great food. T & Y are such great people and have lots to share. I still can't believe how lucky I am to be matched with them.

Wednesday morning we headed to the clinic for the transfer. Terry, T & Y were in the room with me during the transfer and for the 30 minutes of rest time afterwards while I was tipped somewhat upside down :). The procedure itself lasted about 10 minutes and was painless. After the transfer, the physician said a prayer in Hebrew (T & Y are Jewish) and then wished us good luck. It was really an emotional time for all of us. The physician and embryologist gave us pictures of the embryos and of my uterus after the transfer. 

Now I am on day 2 of bed rest with about 35 hours to go................but who's counting?! We've watched movies, ate home made food that T & Y brought when they visited, slushies (we're having those now), napped (just did that again), and have tried to enjoy this down time that I've never had before. I will admit, I'm antsy and would love to lay out in the sun while it's so beautiful here. But watching movies and eating in bed for 3 days isn't so bad, either :)

Here's to being optimistic that these "babies" will stick on the first try and we'll be 38 weeks from meeting them :)

3 comments:

  1. Excited to follow your journey! Wish there was an option to "follow" your blog so your new posts would show up in my feed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool the doctor threw up a prayer and I'm not even religious. So cool! Are you peeing on a stick by chance?

    ReplyDelete