Wednesday, September 19, 2012

During the 2 week wait and my butt

After returning home from La Jolla, we were exhausted and Terry caught one of the millions of sicknesses that everyone seemed to have on the plane and everywhere else, ick! He's been out of work for the past 3 days and I have managed to squeak by without catching anything so far, although I've been suffering from a tremendously sore behind from my PIO. It got to the point where I could barely stand it (painful, not just sore), so I took the nurse's suggestion and planted my butt on a heating pad for an evening and BOY did THAT work wonders! I could barely move yesterday and today I feel "normal". My nurse also requested a picture of my butt to show her where I've been injecting the PIO and Delestrogen. For those of you who do not know me very well, I am extremely self conscious of my butt (so much so that I never allow Terry a direct visual of my butt). Although I hide it well in clothing and I'm average.......my butt is not. It has absolutely no shape to it at all and plenty of fat on it, it's just plain ugly to me. So it took me approximately 29 shots with the camera before I finally found an angle that would show the areas that I circled and also made my butt look "ok" :). I sent the picture from personal e-mail address to my work e-mail address so I could send that to her once I returned to work the next morning. When I opened my work inbox today..........it was no where to be found. All I could think was "oh...my.....God.......someone, somewhere, has a picture of my naked circle-filled, heat-pad burned ass, in their inbox!!". I double checked and sure enough I had sent it to the correct e-mail address, it just didn't make it to my work inbox. So my co-worker said "hmmm, must be something wrong with the server, can you show me the e-mail you sent from your home e-mail account?" First words out of my mouth is "ok, before I do that, I have some explaining to do........the picture is of my butt and....so on and so forth". Good thing my co-workers work along with me with women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant........we have seemed to have heard and seen almost everything, so a picture of my butt was really no big deal.

Now on to the good stuff! I took a home pregnancy test (hpt) on Monday evening and it was POSITIVE. I took one on Tuesday and the line was even darker. Today......even darker. My beta blood test to confirm pregnancy is on Monday the 24th and this will be the "official" pregnancy test. My intended parents are not aware that I chose to test at home with hpt's and I have not and will not tell them that I have tested until AFTER it is confirmed by blood test. The reason that the agency and other surrogates choose not to tell their intended parents (and intended parents choose to have their surrogate keep this information to themselves) is because a beta blood test is really the only way to know for sure if the pregnancy is truly "viable" versus a "chemical pregnancy". We need to see the beta numbers double every couple of days to ensure a viable pregnancy, whereas hpt's only pick up the hormone HCG and it could be a very low level of HCG but it still shows up positive on a hpt. Yes there ARE such things as false positives! I just hope I'm not one of them!

I have included a picture; it is of the 6dp5dt (6 days post 5 day transfer - which basically means it is 6 days after my embryo transfer).

I'm excited, thrilled that this could quite possibly be IT, overjoyed for my IPs and can't wait to find out on Monday what my numbers are! I had a dream before we even transferred that my beta number was 393, which is pretty high for a first beta - so I'm not counting on that :). 

I'm also tired (but that's typical for me) and although I'm not nauseous, I don't have an appetite. My boobs are bigger (NO complaints there!), and I'm having the wonderful hormonal break-outs, but nothing too terrible. I feel full in my abdomen and remember this feeling when I was pregnant with Kaleb.

Until next time!

1 comment: