Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How it came to be

People often ask, "how did you become interested in surrogacy"? I'll keep this short and sweet - I've known about surrogacy for about 10 years now, although not much in the beginning, it was enough to get me interested in the idea and it continued to grow on me. I came to know the International Assisted Reproduction Center (IARC) as I began screening as a potential surrogate. It was only afterwards that IARC became more than an agency for me, they became my employer. It's important for people to understand that my interest in becoming a surrogate came before my employment as a surrogate coordinator and educator. The reasons for wanting to be a surrogate are simple for me; I wanted to help create a family while also enjoying the experience of giving such a gift. I'm what you would call an "altruistic" potential surrogate. This isn't about money, gifts, etc. For some surrogates, it is, and it's incredibly hard for me to comprehend how they can sleep at night.........but I DO realize that we all have our own opinions and reasons for doing things so I'll concentrate on mine:)

My intentions are to blog my experiences as a surrogate so others can learn, laugh, and join in while I do something I have only dreamed of doing, until now! I truly hope that this will be a very positive experience for everyone involved. I'm excited, anxious, nervous, happy, giddy, and ready to get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment