Sunday, April 14, 2013

Back up to speed - 11 weeks

The past few weeks have been pretty emotional, so I sincerely thank all of you for your kind words of support and wisdom, it really helps knowing that others are there to support me! I really wanted this to be a "happy blog" for others to read and didn't intend for it to turn out to be so negative and "venty", so I hope that will change very soon!

I went in for a repeat ultrasound (2 by now, actually) and it looks like the hematoma is stabilizing, which is great! Although it hasn't gone down very much, it hasn't grown, either. The babies are doing well. Both have been measuring identically, even the heartbeats were identical this last time! During my 10 week 3 day ultrasound, I was able to see the babies moving around quite a bit. They're beginning to take on more of a human-like appearance, rather than little blobs :) T&Y are over the moon and love their babies already. I love being able to share the pictures with them, knowing that they become more and more excited!

Mornings are like a box of chocolates right now, although I really am very lucky, because none of those chocolates include vomiting :) If it's going to be a rough morning, it usually means I have to sit periodically and take breaks from getting ready to keep from passing out. I have low blood pressure as it is, so passing out is definitely a familiar thing for me and I know the instant I need to sit and put my head between my legs. While I don't have my "normal" appetite back yet and it seems that, come dinner time, I am consistently not feeling "well" enough to eat, I can and do eat often throughout the day, so I still have nothing to complain about in that area. How did I get so lucky? 

Over the last weekend, Terry's son had a soccer tournament in St. Louis, MO and we took it upon ourselves to take the trip to hopefully enjoy some warmer weather and some exciting soccer games. I will admit, I was very nervous about the possibility of bleeding while we were away and with only porta-potties around the soccer fields. I went well prepared with all of my "bleeding necessities" on hand at all times and I knew where every bathroom was. But I am happy to report..........I am over 2 weeks post last bleeding episode! A whole 2+ weeks of not bleeding, only the "old stuff", which is an amazing feeling, I'm tellin' ya! I was sick with the seasonal sinus/flu stuff that's going around, so I was kind of a bump on a log, but the weather was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and made the 1000 mile round trip SO worth it! Saturday was windy and icky, but Sunday was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Warmer, sunnier weather, does WONDERS for me. Meanwhile, I was getting reports from people back home that we received even more of this nasty white stuff and I was NOT looking forward to returning to it! Spring, where are you?

After my last ultrasound, I was released to my own OB. I will also be completely weaned off of my meds by 4/20, yay!!!! Maybe by the the end of the pregnancy, I'll begin to get the feeling back in my butt :)

Because I am not going to the same clinic that I had my son at (I am going to the same hospital, though), I am really nervous about finding "the right OB". One of my first priorities is to find one that will not be "C-section happy" and will allow me the opportunity and chance to deliver vaginally if Twin A is head down. This is very important to me. I meet my OB on 4/26 for the first time and I'm going to do my best not nail him with that question the instant he walks in the door. I might give him until after our initial hand-shake :)


1 comment:

  1. Yea for not bleeding in two weeks! I really hope this is the beginning of the end of the bleeding and complication drama. It took me thirty three weeks to find the right Midwife. After each bad appointment I would schedule with a new provider hoping to find someone down to earth. I even saw a doctor thinking maybe they were not as high strung which was definitely not the case. I'm only carrying one baby and it wasn't an issue of cesarean although the stupid doc actually said the words c section regarding the size of the baby (idiots!) but they all kept hassling me and wanting to test me again and again for diabetes because the baby is measuring big even though I continually passed test after test and I KNEW diabetes wasn't a factor. You'll find the right doctor, just keep looking until you do.

    ReplyDelete