Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shots....not the ones you drink :)

So far things are trucking along as they should. I have had two monitoring appointments to check my uterine lining and ovaries. I am still bleeding, some type of blood, from my very first period about one month ago. I've had another one somewhere in there, too. I will never understand the whole "follicle" thing and why the ultrasound techs spend so much time evaluating my ovaries. I know that I have several follicles; some larger than others, which I would think would be a bad thing and that I'd ovulate......but they don't seem to be concerned. My lining is where it should be and I have been on Lupron for over 1 week now and just decreased it and started the delestrogen injections (intramuscular, those are the "butt shots") on Thursday. I have been getting headaches, but nothing too terrible. I am also trying desperately to lose the stubborn few lbs. of chub around my waist and butt that I gained from the meds the last time around. I say that I gained them from the meds.........but really I just went crazy and over-indulged over the holidays and can't get rid of it like I used to be able to. As it turns out, I no longer have the metabolism of a teenager. This sucks!

Hooray for making progress with the cycle! I am very thankful every day that we have made this step in the right direction. I appreciate all of the support and couldn't do it without each and every one of you there to cheer me along! Lets hope that February 15th is our day to make this happen :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment